On the Dashboard page, there are two places to access session information:
Top Session Menu
The following information is listed in this menu:
- Browse Volunteer Opportunities: These are active opportunities for a virtual, interactive session with a classroom on a topic the educator has proposed. Here you can find something you want to accept and then sign up to be the speaker.
- Recommended Sessions: These are active volunteer opportunities aligned with your profile. If you don’t find something here or the list isn’t a perfect fit, update your profile by going to Account Settings at the top right of the screen, or browse the general list of volunteer opportunities to find some matches.
- Upcoming Industry Chats: Industry Chats enable you as the volunteer to set the parameters for a virtual connection. See what other Nepris volunteers are presenting by exploring this page.
- Offer a Live Industry Chat: If you want to set up your own Industry Chat, this link will take you to the page to do so. You'll get to pick when you offer the session, what you present, and the age range of your audience (e.g. grades K-5, Adult Education, etc.). Once you submit, the Nepris team will let teachers know about your live, interactive presentation so they can sign their classes up to participate.
- Browse Video Library: These are all past sessions that have been recorded, edited, and posted for you to view. These are helpful if you want to see examples of what other industry professionals have done in the past.
- Session Calendar: This page offers a bird's eye view of all sessions happening on Nepris. You can see what's on deck for you and your community, and also see what else is happening on the platform.
- My Sessions: This menu is also shown on the left side of the Dashboard page for easy access in managing your sessions. It allows you to see any Industry Chats you have in draft, plus any confirmed or completed Industry Chats or Teacher Requested sessions. See My Sessions Menu section below for more detailed information.
My Sessions Menu
The My Sessions menu on the left side of the Dashboard page provides shortcuts to your session information.
Draft: You can create drafts of Industry Chats and then schedule them when you are ready.
Confirmed: These are Teacher Requested sessions which you have accepted or are Industry Chats you have submitted. These sessions have a definite date and time locked on your calendar. While it's easier for teachers if no changes are made (e.g. to schedule), if something comes up you can click the "Edit" button under the name of the session to make any necessary tweaks.
Completed: Here you can see all of your completed sessions.