The easiest place to start creating a session request is at the top of your Dashboard.
Start with a search. Use keywords that represents the topic(s) that you want to discuss. For example, you can search on careers like Graphic Design, topics like Marketing Plan, companies like Verizon, or other key words.
The system will search our database of professionals, videos, and templates, and will present you with a list of recommended professionals, videos and request templates.
You can check out each professionals to fulfill your live, virtual session request by clicking on (1) VIEW PROFILE to see more about them. Once you decide on a professional, click on the (2) REQUEST SESSION to fill out the request form. The system will walk you through a series of steps to describe your classroom needs and then email them the request when you submit.
Helpful tips: If you do not find someone in your initial search, you can aways go back a browser page and search on different terms to get different results.
Once you submit to an industry professional, they will have 48 hours to either Accept or Decline your request. If the request is accepted, then you will be notified, and our support team will get in touch with you for next steps. If the request is declined or not responded to within 48 hours, we will begin to look for and take care of the logistics of finding another presenter for you!
Filling out the Request
The session request is organized into 6 screens which walk you through the information needed to fill out a session request.
- Topic Presentation This format is the most common and used when the educator wants an industry expert to talk about a particular curriculum topic or career path. This type of session will likely consist of a presentation followed by Q&A.
- Project Mentoring This format is used if the students are involved in a long term project or investigation and you want them to consult an industry expert during project research and development. Students will present something about their project to date and ask questions to help them remove roadblocks.
- Evaluation Session This format is used when you want to invite one or more industry experts during final presentations of a project, whether individual or group. You may want to post the student projects online prior to the live virtual session.
- Student Self Assessment This format is used when the teacher wants to invite an industry expert to listen and respond to a presentation by a student who is working to attain the Micro-Enterprise Credential in the state of Louisiana or other applicable programs.
- Classroom Collaboration This indicates that your classroom want to connect to other classrooms to discuss learning, content and collaborate on projects.
Save As Draft will keep a copy of your request in your Drafts if you get interrupted. Be sure to press this if you leave the request and need to come back later! Otherwise, press Next to continue to the next steps.
When you get to Step 5, it may already be filled out, based on the profile of the industry professional you selected so you don't have to start from scratch. Modify this so it is tailored to your needs and will help the Nepris team understand what you need if your original professional declines and Nepris needs to find an alternate for you.
Step 6 will be the schedule page. Some notes on filling this page out:
- Our minimum number of students allowed is 3.
- You can put in as many dates as you would like. The more dates you put in, the more options there is for the professional to choose (and more likely to accept).
- The time format is 4 digits as in the screen shot below.
- More information on allowing multiple classrooms to participate can be found here: https://help.nepris.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021517491-Allowing-multiple-classrooms-to-participate
When you are ready to send the request to the professional, press the Request Live Session button t the right of the professional's name. Only press this when you are ready to involve an industry person. Otherwise Save As Draft and you can come back here at any time.