The easiest place to start creating a session request is at the top of your Dashboard.
Start with a search. Use keywords that represents the topic(s) that you want to discuss. For example, you can search on careers like Graphic Design, topics like Marketing Plan, companies like Verizon, or other key words.
The system will search our database and present you with a list of recommended videos and session templates.
You may choose to view videos and select Re-create this for your Classroom or review session templates for a quick start to the request process. Please note that session templates are requests created by other educators that can provide a good starting point so you don't have to start from scratch. After choosing a template to use, the system will walk you through the steps to edit the request and make it your own. On the last step, you will submit the request for a professional to accept.
If you prefer to start your session request from scratch, you can select Create Session Request from the left menu on your dashboard.
Filling out the Request
The session request is organized into 6 screens which walk you through the information needed to fill out a session request.
- Topic Presentation This format is the most common and used when the educator wants an industry expert to talk about a particular curriculum topic or career path. This type of session will likely consist of a presentation followed by Q&A.
- Project Mentoring This format is used if the students are involved in a long term project or investigation and you want them to consult an industry expert during project research and development. Students will present something about their project to date and ask questions to help them remove roadblocks.
- Project Evaluation This format is used when you want to invite one or more industry experts during final presentations of a project, whether individual or group. You may want to post the student projects online prior to the live virtual session.
- Student Self Assessment This format is used when the teacher wants to invite an industry expert to listen and respond to a presentation by a student who is working to attain the Micro-Enterprise Credential in the state of Louisiana or other applicable programs.
- Not Specified This format allows you to customize the experience outside of the traditional formats. Some examples include: Mock Interviews, Virtual Workplace Tour, Live Demonstration, and more.
Save As Draft will keep a copy of your request in your Drafts if you get interrupted. Be sure to press this if you leave the request and need to come back later! Otherwise, press Next to continue to the next steps.
When you get to Step 5, it may already be filled out, based on the profile of the industry professional you selected so you don't have to start from scratch. Modify this so it is tailored to your needs and will help the Nepris team understand what you need if your original professional declines and Nepris needs to find an alternate for you.
Step 6 will be the schedule page. Some notes on filling this page out:
- Our minimum number of students allowed is 3.
- You can put in as many dates as you would like. The more dates you put in, the more options there are for the professional to choose (and more likely to accept).
- The time format is 4 digits as in the screen shot below.
- More information on allowing multiple classrooms to participate can be found here: https://help.nepris.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021517491-Allowing-multiple-classrooms-to-participate
Step 7 is the final step for sending the request. Make sure to select Save as Draft if you are not yet ready to submit so you can come back and complete at a later time.
Is someone expecting your request?
Make this selection if you have previously communicated with a professional and they are expecting your request. They will have 48 hours to accept before it is passed to the Nepris team to find an alternate.
Do you want Nepris to find someone for you?
Click here to submit your request directly to Nepris to search and recruit professionals to deliver your request. You will receive an email confirmation when an industry professional accepts. You can update your request at any time up until the time it is confirmed.