Below are instructions to make sure your technology is ready for your Pathful Connect online session. We use Zoom Cloud Meetings as our video tool. For all technical requirements for Zoom, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
If you are unable to complete a step, email email@example.com to schedule a quick technology setup session to make sure you are prepared for your session.
1. Installing. If you have already used Zoom before on your computer or device, you can skip this step. If you need to download or make sure you have the latest version, you can download and install it here:
- Install Zoom. If you've used Zoom before on your computer or device, you can skip this step. If you need to download or make sure you have the latest version, you can download and install it here: Zoom Download Center or Chrome Extension
- Checking Connection. Go to http://zoom.us/test to get a button for a test meeting.
If you are using a Tablet or Smart Phone, skip to the bottom of the page.
3. Test Speaker and Microphone on the Computer. Click on the audio menu and select Audio Settings
4. From this screen you can test your speaker and microphone. At each step of the way, you can select a different source. You may need to do this if you have external speakers or microphones connected:
5. Test Video. You should see yourself if the camera is working. If not, make sure there is a camera icon in the lower left-hand corner of your window. If there is no camera, Zoom does not find any camera and you will have to check your camera connection. If there is a red slash, click on start video to turn your camera on.
If you need to switch to a different camera or edit video settings, you can access the Video Settings... menu here:
Common Issue: Make sure all other applications that may use your camera are closed. This may include the software that came with your camera.
6. Sharing your Screen. Most presenters and sometimes classrooms or students will want to share what is on their computer screen to everyone else. To do this, there is a Share button in the bottom middle of your window.
Click on that icon and take note of the next window:
A. Application to Share. If you keep the default selection of your Desktop or Screen, this means they are able to see any application you use on your computer. If you choose a specific application, then only that will be shown to others. If you are using more than one application (e.g. PPT and Web page with YouTube), then choose Desktop or Screen.
B. Sharing something with sound. If you are sharing anything with sound (e.g. video), you MUST make sure this check box is checked. If there is nothing with sound in it, then ignore this.
To exit sharing your screen so that you are full screen again for discussion, there is a Stop Share at the top of your monitor (not at the top of any particular window).
More useful information
Is your bandwidth quick enough? Slow bandwidth can cause latency, frozen screen, poor audio, or getting disconnected. If you want to test your speed, go to http://www.speedtest.net/. Be sure your upload and download speeds are consistently greater than 1.5 Mbps. If your test shows you are below this, please click here to schedule a quick meeting with us so we can assist to make sure everything works smoothly for your upcoming session.