Yes you can! The best way to do this is via Industry Chats. An Industry Chat allows you to share your organization and career with students for a live, virtual talk. Leading an Industry Chat Series helps you amplify your impact by introducing students to a range of new ideas, industries, and careers without any cost or travel. These 30 minute virtual chats can be structured as a Q&A, virtual tour, intro to a career field, etc. You can mix it up however you like!
Here are a few examples of past series:
- Douglas County World of Work Week
- OtterBox Innovation Series
- Baylor University Aquatic Science Series
Here's how to get started:
- Email your Nepris contact or email@example.com to tell us the name and time frame of your series. Use this series timeline to determine your series dates.
- Consider our following suggestions:
- Include a total of 3-8 Industry Chats in your series.
- Schedule Chats across the span of a semester or back-to-back during a single month or week.
- Have Chat times vary so that classrooms can participate in multiple sessions.
- Have presenters connect with a range of audiences (e.g. grades K-8, 6-12, 9-12 +adult education, etc.).
- Ask presenters to consider a range of Chat structures - virtual tours, demonstrations, discussions, etc.
- Send us a logo and/or any social media tags for us to use when promoting your series.
Want some text to help get your colleagues involved? Feel free to copy/paste the following into an email:
We’re creating a virtual event to share real-world experience and careers with students, and would love for you to participate. Through our partner, Nepris, we'll be leading a series of 30-minute video chats during [DATES]. Here are some easy next steps to get involved:
- Create your profile here: www.nepris.com
- Schedule your virtual session here on the topic of your choice. Here are some examples for inspiration - please make sure to schedule yours during [DATES].
Once the sessions are submitted, we'll touch base to make sure you are ready to go. We'll also create some marketing materials to showcase the series to teachers; you can see some examples here and here. Feel free to connect me with others that you feel would want to get involved or might have questions, and let me know what I can do to assist - looking forward to your session!!