What is a Career Series?
Our industry partners, who have branded platforms, can easily amplify their student impact by offering a series of Industry Chats. Leading multiple 25-35 minute virtual sessions with learners locally and across the country scales community engagement and introduces students to a whole range of new ideas, industries, and careers (and can be done from anywhere!).
Below are some examples of previous Career Series:
If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity to spotlight your brand and build the workforce pipeline, please email email@example.com to let us know!
You can also browse our current Career Series to join in and learn more!
Planning Guides for Branded Platforms
Suggested Series Topics
A career series includes 3-10 virtual sessions marketed to educators as a set of learning opportunities around a shared theme. Popular frameworks include:
- Career Conversations - Vary sessions across a week or month and focus on specific of a career field, demonstrations, virtual tours, and more.
- Work-Based Learning - Offer insight into real work via job shadowing, a virtual internship, or sessions that cover different elements of a career field.
- Cumulative - Take classes on a journey from product design to store shelves, blueprints to a building, or another exploration of how things get made.
- Workforce Readiness & Life Skills - Support students’ career readiness by focusing on resumes, interviews, salary negotiations, soft skills, and more.
- Student Challenge - Get creative with a series of sessions that include a lesson, student project, and assessment of students’ work.
How it works
- Plan: Work with your Pathful Connect Partner Success Manager to outline next steps.
- Promote: Showcase your series with your network as well via social media, email, etc.
- Join: Attend sessions to see the magic of education/industry connections in action!
- Reflect: After the series is complete, we’ll meet to review how it went.
|Real World Connections
|Introduce a workspace.
|Discuss a topic or career field.
|Show how day-to-day work relates to student learning.
- Schedule all sessions 6+ weeks in advance to maximize attendance.
- Aim for varied start times and keep sessions to 30 minutes including Q&A.
- Review the scheduling process with your presenters so they can create their sessions.
- Encourage your presenters to complete their profiles with a photo, bio, and skills.
- When possible, vary audience grades (consider elementary!) and session formats.