Below are instructions to make sure your technology is ready for your Pathful Connect online session. We use Zoom Cloud Meetings as our video tool. For all technical requirements for Zoom, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
If you are unable to complete a step, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a quick technology setup session to make sure you are prepared for your session.
1. Installing. If you have already used Zoom before on your computer or device, you can skip this step. If you need to download or make sure you have the latest version, you can download and install it here:
- Apple or Windows OS:https://nepris.zoom.us/download (top download: Zoom Client for Meetings)
- Chrome OS: Chrome Web Store
- Android or iOS Phone or Tablet: https://nepris.zoom.us/download (scroll down page)
2. Checking Connection. Go to http://zoom.us/test to get a button for a test meeting.
You will need to take the lead from your teacher if you are expected to be seen and heard or stay hidden and silent and only chat.
To keep muted and hidden, make sure you see a slash through the microphone and camera icons.
3. Test Speaker and Microphone on the Computer. If the test doesn't start, no matter what is on the screen, you should be able to click on the audio menu and select Test Speaker & Microphone...
The test screen will walk you through the steps for the speaker and microphone:
At each step of the way, you can select a different source. You may need to do this if you have external speakers or microphones connected:
4. Test Video. You should see yourself if the camera is working. If not, make sure there is a camera icon in the lower left-hand corner of your window. If there is no camera, Zoom does not find any camera and you will have to check your camera connection. If there is a red slash, make sure you are not hidden.
If you need to switch to a different camera or edit video settings, you can access the Video Settings... menu here:
Common Issue: Make sure all other applications that may use your camera are closed. This may include the software that came with your camera.
More useful information
Is your bandwidth quick enough? Slow bandwidth can cause latency, frozen screen, poor audio, or getting disconnected. If you want to test your speed, go to http://www.speedtest.net/. Be sure your upload and download speeds are consistently greater than 1.5 Mbps. If your test shows you are below this, please click here to schedule a quick technology check with us or email email@example.com so we can assist and help make sure you have a great session.