Before the Chat
- Review the Upcoming Industry Connections
- Sign up for a connection that is the best fit for your students and curriculum
- Review the Description, Key Questions, and Expected Outcomes to be able to give your students a brief introduction of what to expect
- Discuss what behavior is appropriate during the connection with an industry professional
- Help your students prepare questions for the industry professional
- Complete a technology check
- Prepare questions to ask the industry professionals
During the Chat
- Review this “Getting Connected” article
- Make sure the camera is pointed towards the students so the industry professional can see the students
- Be aware of your non-verbal communication
- Don’t side-talk during the presentation – be alert and pay attention
- Ask your questions you’ve prepared at the appropriate time
- Be respectful of the presenters' time and try not to leave the classroom
- Debrief the Industry Chat with your students
- Use some of our Resources with your class, such as grade span-specific Activity Sheets.
- Consider completing a review with your students – What went well? What could’ve been better?
- Reflect on what you learned - what are the big takeaways? What else do you now want to know about the topic?
Please sign in to leave a comment.