This article will guide you through the new My Classes feature to create student accounts and create classes for an enhanced user experience. With classes, teachers can invite students to join live sessions without the need of an access code. Please note that My Classes is only available to teachers with full access (platinum) accounts.
Navigate to My Classes
- Click on your profile image in the upper right corner of your Nepris Dashboard.
- Select Account Settings on the dropdown menu
- Once you are in your account settings, select My Classes from the left-hand menu
In the "My Classes" tab, you will be able to view all of your current classes, edit your classes, and find your Class Codes.
In the "Add Class" tab, you will be able to create new classes and add students that have already been imported for your account.
Under "Import Students" you will be able to upload student lists to create student accounts.
In "View Users", you will be able to view all Users attached to your account.
- From My Classes, click on Import Students on the left-hand menu
- Prepare your Student Import File
- Download the Import Template - you will use this to format your roster
- Add your student roster information to the Import Template - use the columns for First_Name, Last_Name, Email, Student_id, Date_of_Birth, Grade and School_NCESId
- You will find a link to look-up your school’s NCES ID back on the Import Students page in Nepris. This ID will be the same for all students.
- Save your roster - make sure to confirm that it is saved in CSV format by going to Save As in Excel and confirming that the File Format is “Comma Separated Values (.csv)”
- Back on the Import Students click on the button that says “Drag & Drop a CSV file or Click Here to Select a File”
- Click on the Green Import button
- You should see a pop-up indicating that your file has been successfully submitted - you will also see a record of your file in the Student Import Queue at the bottom of the page
- Once this is completed, students will receive an email confirming their accounts. Students will then need to use this email, which has their temporary password, to sign into their accounts.
- We suggest that you check with your district to ensure that nepris.com is whitelisted so that students can receive the email.
- If students are unable to access their email, or to receive emails from outside organizations, you can skip the email in the roster template. Students will then have a standard login and their birthday with no special characters (e.g., a birthday of 1/1/20 will be password 01012020) will become their password.